1Select ‘Pick Up’ or ‘Delivery’ and explore restaurants available near to you
2Select & customize your meal and put it into your cart.
3Pay your order online via credit card and ready to pick-up your food or wait for our Skipper to deliver!
When you use SkipThe Q , you trust us with your information and Skip The Q is committed to retaining your trust and your privacy. Our commitment starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This policy explains the information we collect, how it is used, shared, retained, protected and user choices regarding this information. By visiting SkipThe Q, you are accepting the practices described in this policy and so we recommend our visitors and users to read this policy.
Data collection and use Scope
This policy applies to users of Skip the Q services anywhere in the world, including users of Skip the Q apps, websites, tools, features or other services.
This policy specifically applies to:
This policy also applies to those who provide information to Skip The Q in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information Skip The Q otherwise receives in connection with its services (such as contact information of individuals associated with Skip The Q restaurant partners). All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy. The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region. We may change this policy at any time by posting the updated version on this site including the effective date of the updated version. We will announce any significant changes to this policy through Skip The Q apps, website or through other means, such as email.
The information we collectSkip The Q collects:
- Information that you provide to Skip The Q , such as when you create your Skip The Q account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Skip The Q representatives and third parties that use Skip The Q APIs.
This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information, government identification numbers, date of birth, photo and signature. This also includes representative vehicle or insurance information. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Skip the Q account.
- Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Skip The Q services as a representative or delivery representative. This may include information such as your driving history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on Skip the Q behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
- Device information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information. We enable users to communicate with each other and Skip the Q through Skip the Q apps, websites and other services. For example, we enable representatives and consumers and delivery representatives and consumers to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Skip the Q receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications.
How we use your information
Skip the Q collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
Skip the Q does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Skip The Q uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
Skip the Q uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
2. Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
3. Customer support
Skip the Q uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
4. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Skip the Q services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities and official inquiries.
Information sharing and disclosureSome of Skip the Q products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our service providers, affiliates, representatives, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Skip the Q may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
2. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love to hear from our users including through public forums such as Skip the Q blogs, social media and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With Skip the Q subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
5. With Skip the Q service providers and business partners
Skip the Q may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
6. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Skip the Q may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions/Term of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Skip the Q rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information. This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
7. With your consent
Skip the Q may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information retention and deletion
Choice and transparency
Skip the Q provides means for you to see and control the information that Skip the Q collects, including through:
The privacy prompts in the Skip the Q app gives users the ability to set their location and contact sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Skip the Q. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below.
- Location information: Location information is a firm contract between the end users to share there primary locations to insure the flow of the service with consent of all parties
-Product info : A definitive declaimer be on the contract between the user end Skip the Q ( on how information on the vendors product listing should be added.
- Notifications: Account and trip updates
- Skip the Q provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account , These notifications are a necessary part of using the Skip the Q app and cannot be disabled.
- Notifications:Discounts and news
- Skip the Q may send you push notifications about discounts and news through Skip the Q app or your registered email.
- Address book/contacts- You may enable Skip the Q to periodically sync with the address book/contacts information on your mobile device and store your contact information on our servers. This includes the names, phone numbers, emails addresses and other information that you store in your address book contacts. This information is necessary to enable features such as fare splitting, sharing your trip status and making personalized recommendations for you and other consumers. - You may enable/disable contact syncing at any time via the Privacy settings menu in the Skip the Q app. If you disable contact syncing, you will not be able to use features that use your contacts' information.
- Calendar syncing- You may enable Skip the Q to access and store the calendar data on your mobile device. Your calendar data might include event titles; responses (yes, no, maybe); start and end time of event; associated location descriptions; and number of attendees. We use this information to suggest destinations based on your calendar events and to customize your Skip the Q experience.
A. DEVICE PERMISSIONS- Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Skip the Q app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Skip The Q app seeks before you first use the app. Your use of the app constitutes your consent.
B. RATINGS LOOK-UP- After every order, delivery consumers may be able to rate delivery representative, as well as give feedback on how the order went. - Your delivery representative rating is available once a delivery representative is assigned to that order. the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Skip the Q apps. You can also look up your trip, order and delivery history in the Skip the Q apps. We may occasionally update this policy and if we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Skip the Q apps or through other means, such as email. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.